Saturday, October 6, 2012

I want to touch and be touched


I want
to touch
and be touched,
to hold
and be held,
to caress
and be caressed.

I want to communicate,
exchange ideas,
                        feelings,
                           dreams,
                               memories,
talk and listen,
understand and be understood,
give and receive
    advice,
        encouragement,
             empathy,
                  criticism.

I want to play,
                       dance,
                                  explore,’
                                               travel,
                                                         kick back,
                                                                         rejoice.

I want to be sexual,
to give and receive
sexual energy.
The more you are turned on,
the more I am turned on.

I want to be close
           and
                    free,
to know that I am in relationship
because each of us
wants
          to be
                  in relationship,
                     here and now.

I do not want
either of us
to feel coerced,
     pressured,
           or manipulated
into being together.

I want to be together only
if and when
we truly want
to be together.

I do not want to be with you
because I am afraid
that if I do something else,
you will leave me,
      or get angry,
           or be hurt.

Nor do I want you to be with me
for any
of the same reasons.

I do not want to be dependent on you,
and I do not want you to be dependent on me.

I am not yours
and you are not mine.

I do not want to be devastated
if you leave me,
nor do I want you to be devastated if I leave you.
I am not responsible for your pain
or pleasure
and you are not responsible for mine.

I want to be able to live a full life without you
and I want you to be able to live a full life without me.

I want to be free to have other close relationships,
be they physical or otherwise.
And I want you to have the same freedom.

I want to overcome my jealousies,
And I want you to overcome yours.

I do not want to be expected to reveal everything to you,
nor do I expect you to reveal everything to me.

I’ll give you my heart,
but not my soul,
and you can keep yours too.

I want to make decisions together,
out of equal power
with mutual consent.

I want to be your lover,
not your boss,
or your slave.

I want to maintain my commitment to my work,
my people,
all people,
the stars above.
And I want you to be creative too.

I do not want to be your savior,
and I don’t want you to be mine.

I want to enjoy being alone when I am alone,
and I want you to do the same.

I want to know that you will often be there for me
when I want you,
but I don’t expect you to always be there,
and don’t want you to expect that from me either.

I want a touchstone, not a prison.

I want a commitment, not an obligation.

I want to love
and be loved.

                                                                                   Wade Lee Hudson
                                                                                   San Francisco
                                                                                   1984


8 comments:

  1. From April:
    It is so good to know that you have found a love
    and are thriving!
    Good blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Freddi:
    nice, is there someone new?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Seb:
    That is an excellent statement, Wade! Sent it to a few close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Susan Desaritz:

    Thank you Wade, this poem is beautiful and speaks to some of my desires as well. I hope you are experiencing this kind of love.

    Good luck and best wishes,

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Barry:
    Ahh ... nothing like a new novia in the life of the ancient ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Marcella:
    I've been reflecting back over my life and musing about how much I brought into this life when I came to be here at this time in history. And recognizing more fully than ever that I've KNOWN "it" all along. It's like someone told me once: 'You know and you know you know."

    This beautiful writing makes me know the same thing about you. You KNOW and you brought the KNOWING in with you. For a young man to have written this in 1984, you have to know that it is amazing and a "highly conscious" statement. It obviously came from your Soul through your heart.

    I am honored to know you - one with such a full understanding of what it means to be a human - and what it means to honor another and TO LOVE consciously. And a joy, that a human male would want to love a human woman - an equal and a partner - in this way fills me with HOPE of a world/a humanity THAT CAN AND WILL CHANGE.

    (I'm remembering what you shared recently about a new relationship developing. Now, I'm really smiling for both you AND HER! )

    I'm going to print it off as a reminder of the fullness that is possible in human LOVING and when I read it each time, I will "be amazed" at your ability to describe how to be a CONSCIOUS HUMAN... So beautiful, so touching, and so filled with Soul Clarity.

    In gratitude for your sharing,
    Marcella

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Esteban:
    thank you sir for the Wade Weekly: I want to touch and be touched was a hit especially with the ladies.

    ReplyDelete