Saturday, October 13, 2012

I want to know and be known


I want to know and be known,
bare my soul and see your soul,
encounter your higher self
undiminished
as mine is encountered,
engage in deep, intimate, open, honest, mutual, reciprocal
exchange of energy
without reserve,
discuss important aspects of our lives,
including our challenges,
acknowledge shortcomings, weaknesses, mistakes,
share resolutions,
probe and be probed
with our whole being,
ask thoughtful questions
in order to
better understand each other,
listen deeply,
explore key questions together,
really hear the other,
nourish water from a deeper well,
meet each other as whole borderless souls
that are more than the sum of our parts,
spirits that are necessarily enfleshed
and bodies that are necessarily enspirited,
rooted in the relationship between us
as we stand together on the ground of being
and live in the light of our relationship
that fills the universe
like the air we breathe,
attend your soul exclusively
as all that exists at the moment,
spontaneous and fearless,
not in order to use you
in a series of transactions
but simply be with your soul,
present
so presence can emerge and confront us with spirit,
care for and aid you
as you care for and aid me,
see you as you really are
as you see me,
where silence enables us to communicate
more deeply
than words ever can,
beyond understanding,
where only the other soul is present,
immeasurable, without compare,
always new,
without density,
immatereial,
timeless,
unpredictable,
freewheeling.

For all this,
with thanks to Martin Buber
whose I and Thou inspired
and informed this affirmation,
I actively wait,
available,
aware that I can be in relation
even if the other is not in relation with me,
knowing these moments
of soulful encounter
that never last
are possible
any time
with anyone
and with life itself.

I prepare,
ready to respond
when the chance for authentic dialog
appears,
and await the grace of God
without seeking it.

3 comments:

  1. Wade, this is extraordinary. I hear you! Wow. Blessings, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, 2 wondrous poems. I will print them out so we can return to them again and again. hope you are doing well.

    much love,
    Kristen Walsh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progression towards intimacy is fascinating. It feels so dangerous before you go there. Maybe because it is?

    Seb Paquet

    ReplyDelete