Friday, February 7, 2014

Highlights from Wade's Wire

Following are links to some of the posts that I made to Wade's Wire recently, to which I post no more than one item each day. To subscribe to Wade's Wire and receive all of the posts quickly via email, click here.

+++++

Wade’s Journal
by Wade Lee Hudson

When I fly to Phoenix February 25, I’ll be ready. I’m loving it here. I feel happier than I’ve ever been for a sustained period of time. I’m better able to speak my truth and do what I think is right.

+++++

“Employment: A Human Right” – A Partial Transcript
by Wade Lee Hudson

On February 5, 2014, Congresspersons John Conyers Jr. and Frederica Wilson, co-chairs of the newly formed, first ever Congressional Full Employment Caucus hosted a forum on “Employment: A Human Right.” The forum was moderated by Christina Bellantoni, Roll Call Editor-in-Chief. A video of the forum is available for viewing at http://www.dems.gov/photos-videos/. At 38:09, Bellantoni asks, “Can access to decent jobs really be a human right?” Following are the responses from the panel, which consisted of Phillip Harvey, Lawrence Mishel, Thea Lee, Dean Baker, and John Cavanagh.

+++++

Petition Video: Interview with Wade Lee Hudson

This 2:52 minute video offers reasons why people should sign the Guarantee Living-Wage Job Opportunities petition. Produced by James Pace-Cornsilk, it includes striking images and a soundtrack with music and an interview with Wade Lee Hudson. You can invite friends to watch it by referring them to this link:

+++++

How to make your project more open collaborative

by opencollaboration

Here are questions to think about to make your project more open collaborative:

+++++

Reunion with the Martinez Family

Today I returned to the mountains 90 minutes from Las Terrenas looking for the wonderful Martinez family who hosted me in 1988. I only had their names and the name of the nearest town. I drove up into the mountains to the general area they had lived, as I remembered it, and stopped at the first store....

No comments:

Post a Comment