Monday, September 23, 2013

Wade’s Bio

On October 11, I’ll be leaving San Francisco to go to Las Terrenas on the north coast of the Dominican Republic, where I’ll rent a fully furnished one-bedroom apartment 300 meters from the beach. You’re welcome to visit and crash on the sofa bed in the living room.

While I’m away, the owner of my building won’t charge me rent and will pay me $450 per month to house other tenants in my apartment during the rehab of the whole building. So I should be able to live in the Dominican Republic without depleting my savings and won’t return home until the end of May.

During my absence, I’ll concentrate on my autobiography. Others whose opinions I hold in high regard, including Mike Larsen, a literary agent, and Dave Robbins, a retired English Literature professor, have encouraged me to complete this project. Perhaps others can glean from my narrative some lessons they can apply usefully to their own life, even if I only publish an e-book and never find a traditional publisher.

To tell my story well, however, it will need to be entertaining and engaging. Toward that end, partly because my memory is faulty, it could be helpful if you would share a memory or two of your own.

So please consider sharing a story about me that is humorous, dramatic, embarrassing, and/or revealing. If you can send me a helpful photo, video, email, or other document, please do so. Also, if need be, perhaps we can meet to video your story or scan or copy your material.

Keeping faith,
Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment