Sunday, June 9, 2013

Reader's Comments

If no one responded to my writing, I might write anyway. But when I receive heartwarming responses like the following replies to the last Wade’s Weekly, “Wade’s Journal – 5/25/13,”  I am greatly encouraged to persevere.

After deleting some personal information, I post these comments without identifying the author. If you would like me to identify you and/or include the entire comment when you send me a reply, please let me know and I will.

I very much appreciate everyone’s interest and support.

Wade

+++++

I have read, and always do, each of your emails. Your efforts are effective...more than you know. Please know that many of your points have found there way throughout conversations in many places. I know more about you and your life than I know about many of my friends I have spent time with. Yes, many paradigms must change. Yes, compassion and love are not central concerns as much as they should be the only concerns. Survival is truly overrated as we all travel our journey so quickly. I am amazed that there is so little emphasis on harmony and beauty in culture these days. I applaud your efforts to celebrate what you can.

+++++

What exciting adventures you share and my happiness for you in your decision is bountiful.

You have an enormous heart, brain, energy and curiosity with the wish for social and economic justice laced throughout all you endeavor.

You were never alone in your hope; and, if I had an 1/8 of who you are........

Wishing you the safest and greatest adventures. Perhaps, a book some day!

Always in appreciation of you.

+++++

This current correspondence of yours has a more positive vibe than most of your posts. Not sure why.

Congratulations on your new financial situation. I would suggest that you make a real effort to be a good steward of your finances. No matter how much money you have, be aware that you can lose it faster than you aquired it. Because of my "sixties" mindset, and as an artist, I have always felt guilty when I got close to being affluent. I never wanted to be "The Man." But, I have been without money and I've had money, and for me, in our society, having it has proved to be much better than not.

And as much as you might feel inclined, do not loan money to friends. I know this sounds conservative and insensitive, but it always leads to trouble. If you feel inclined to help someone financially, make it a gift, and not a loan, to avoid the strain it can put on a friendship. And if it comes back to you, well, consider it good karma.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;  
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,  
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.  
This above all: to thine own self be true,  
And it must follow, as the night the day,  
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Polonius in Act I, Scene 3 of William Shakespeare's Hamlet.

Don't lose focus on all the things you want to do with your new status. JUST DO IT.

Stay healthy, be engaged with life, keep writing...and be frugal.

+++++

Thank you for the update, Wade!  "Stranger in a strange land..." is very appropriate for these transition times.  There are many of us - mostly isolated, I suspect - that are finding our way slowly to others, at least for linking.  The fact that you are a writer, will allow you to always "go public," "participate" and "initiate" dialogue...  The fact, too, that you are a self-actualizing person who continues to grow means that you are doing about "the most" that you can do at this particular time.

Am glad for your financial "underwriting" and it will allow you to "take yourself, your ideas, and your inspiration" to others, as well as receive a great expansion of your understanding of others and the world-at-large.  Glad I am still on your 100 list for I, too, would like to keep in touch...  I suspect that 2013 and 2014 will see more of what we are seeing now and our occupying ourselves with worthwhile isolated tasks (and linking where that is possible) will keep us "on the move AND in place for future action" where we will be ready to link up and create "new" forms when the time is right. Thank you for the work on the banks issue - you put into motion what many had only thought about doing.

Glad our paths have crossed.  Will enjoy whatever you share in the future...
Namaste!

p.s. You stand out to me as one who is both working on himself and opening to the kind of integrative approach which will be necessary in transforming each and every part of our future work....  You are one of "the few" people who acknowledges that as a priority!  I AGREE!

+++++

Congratulations...didn't take long to sell the Mexican property...things must be looking up down there.

+++++

Thanks for the personal news, Wade.  Best of luck on your adventures and finding the work that suits your Soul.

+++++

Congratulations on your leap into your new adventure...what a life-changing decision...sounds great!  Onward...

+++++

nice weekly Wade!
would love to see yer 5 foot TV
Glad to have you relaxed
you deserve it

No comments:

Post a Comment